크게 작게 인쇄

[DR. Congo] Visiting of evaluating committee from KOICA to Malaria prevention center

On 21st and 22nd of June, Managers from KOICA Democratic republic Congo chapter (Hye-Sung Cho and Eui-Don Jeong) visited KVO Congo Kisangani Malaria center to evaluate whether the center work goes well. For the purpose of make things clear, here is interview with Dong-Hyun Kim (KVO volunteer staff, Dr. Congo chapter) about general management in Malaria center.

Following contents are composed of questions about business in KVO Kisangani Malaria center from Hye-sung Cho and answers from Dong-Hyun Kim who manages Dr. Congo project.

- Q: Will new clinic building be governed as hospital, not as clinic after its construction?
- A: At present, our business is mainly focused on Malaria clinic center.

- Q: There are not many domestic NGOs which could get huge amount of funding supports for antipoverty purpose. It might possible for other NGOs to ask KVO how to get those supports, just like parents who sent their child to good university have been asked their tactics a lot. I know that it might helpful to perform specific survey of governing in this clinic. I met lots of organizations which continue their business in pure and devoting way. Nevertheless, some NGOs could not get a support since their survey data merely demonstrates numerical value. On the other hand, some NGOs have showed tremendous survey contents-we don뭪 have any ideas where they got those contents- to get funding support even though they did not much survey in fact. So, I뭢 wondering how KVO prepare for the survey. I understand that preparing this might be really difficult and somewhat provoking headache.
- A: KVO DR. Congo chapter manager is working with many field experts to make the survey form. Also, we뭭e already had some survey data which is done before starting business and at the beginning of the business. I was informed those data from KVO Korea head office beforehand I have come here.

- Q: Do you have any plans for employing more doctors who could take full charge in medical treatment? It seems pretty tough to provide medical treatment for all these patients.
- A: When you see rising tendency of patients in Malaria center (treat about 1,000 patients monthly, at present) it might natural for you to think that it is quite tough for Anna (Doctor in Malaria center) provides all medical treatments alone. I do agree with that. So, I am preparing tactics to solve this problem with KVO Seoul head office. Actually, Seoul head office already has known that fact and made some preparations. We have some plans to hire other people who could provide medical treatments and we are waiting to start these plans.

- Q: As far as I know, business period of Malaria prevention center is for 3 years. Do you have any plans for running clinic after the end of business period?
- A: This clinic is flexible to be used as attached hospital for Kisangani medical school or it could work with students and doctors who studies medicine for diagnosing and preventing malaria. At the same time, it also would be possible to raise medical students as experts of preventing malaria by having good cooperation with them. Also, we will not leave here without plans after 3 years of business. KVO will always be in here, support and cooperate continuously. And this is the method which always be pursued by KVO.

- Q: Is this clinic providing free medical treatment?
- A: Yes, it is.

- Q: If then, it might need tremendous funding system which could support the business properly. Do you have any plans after 3 years of business period?
- A: It would be really great if we could get further support from any kinds of ODA 3 years of business period later. Or we might able to find other supporters to support continuously. We are considering and preparing various methods at KVO head office in Seoul and Africa.

- Q: On progressing business, did you find any difficulties in Kisangani?
- A: I need eyes- from KVO, from Korean government, from ODA, from local people. I also need ears. I hope the width of hearing would be broadened. Like eyes and ears, I need noses as well. I feel stuck in daily routine since I뭢 living alone. I know being stuck make things go bad. Therefore, I do need noses to sense the smell of rotten situation. Likewise, I need brains. I always hope there would one more brain to think in different way with me or could think further than me. Yes. Finally, I could say I need people. I hope to have more colleagues who could think and speak using same language and work for the same purpose even they are having different methods. If possible, actually I need person who has totally different tactics with me. If we struggle and have many discussions, it might not that boring here.
코멘트 0